Certificate in Paralegal Studies
Assist Legal Teams as a Qualified Paralegal
This program is offered on Campus and Online.
You love courtroom and crime dramas. You’ve always wondered what it would be like to work in the legal field. Take your first step toward an exciting paralegal career with a legal studies certificate from Post University. Our program provides you with a comprehensive understanding of various specialized areas of the law and prepares you to work under the direction of attorneys in a variety of law firms, corporate legal departments, the court system, government agencies, nonprofits and private industries. Many of our graduates go on to pursue their bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Post University to further advance in their careers.
Your legal studies courses include an introductory course in law and two additional survey courses in business law. You will become knowledgeable in summarizing depositions, legal research, preparing legal documents and interviewing clients. You will also study the inner workings of civil litigation, real estate closings and probate practice as you learn how to:
- Attain a professional level of organizational skills and written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate an understanding of the team concept for the delivery of legal services
- Demonstrate skills in the use of technology in the delivery of legal services
- Demonstrate ethical awareness and understand the concept of integrity
Each course in our legal studies program is led by our expert faculty, who bring years of practical legal experience and insights into the classroom to share with you. Whether you attend classes at our campus in Waterbury, Connecticut, or online, they will provide you with the one-on-one attention you need to succeed at Post University and beyond. You will also be assigned a personal academic advisor to support you throughout your entire educational journey — from enrollment to finding paralegal jobs upon graduation.
|1||CERTIFICATE IN PARALEGAL STUDIES||30-33 crs||h|
|2||CIS112 Introduction to Computing||3 crs|
|3||LAW101 Introduction to Law||3 crs|
|4||LAW105 Estate Administration and Probate Practice||3 crs|
|5||LAW201 Real Estate Law and Practice||3 crs|
|6||LAW203 Civil Litigation||3 crs|
|7||LAW204 Business Law I||3 crs|
|8||LAW205 Legal Research||3 crs|
|9||LAW206 Business Law II||3 crs|
|10||LCS105 Elements of Organizations||3 crs|
The university reserves the right to change or update the curriculum at any time. The university will notify students of any changes officially through the university website.
For full course descriptions please refer to the University Catalog for the current Academic Year.
- Students will attain a professional level of organizational skills including thinking, planning, and execution skills.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the team concept for the delivery of legal services.
- Students will attain a professional level of written and oral communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate skills in the use of technology in the delivery of legal services.
- Students will demonstrate ethical awareness and understand the concept of integrity.
- Students will demonstrate a comprehensive, practical understanding of subject specific skills-based areas of practical legal work.
- Students will acquire knowledge of career opportunities in law firms, corporate legal departments, government, and non-profit settings.
- Students will demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of various specialized areas of the Law.
Your future begins with one step — or one click. Contact us to apply now to earn your legal studies certificate from Post University.
Find Your Program